Friday, December 7, 2007

Help Someone


What is in it for me?

In the community where I live, helping someone is not an easy task. Community members prefers to mind their own business. Sometimes, help is not even extended to the next door neighbour for fear of unknown troubles later on!

I don't believe that helping others can bring in troubles for myself. I like helping others. I know that extending a helping hand can lighten a burden, maybe, giving a hope to someone else.

Man is not a lone island. Nor is he a separate self. So, anything we do, may in fact effect someelse else.

It is good to encourage others to do better as this is also the same as encouraging ourselves to achieve better. It is also a lift to our otherwise quiet lives. A smile to a sad neighbour may cheer her up, even if we may not know how.

All in all, helping others also help us to grow .......